Thursday, December 29, 2011

My First Ever Blog - A Ramble About Us and 2011

I delight greatly in the Lord; my sould rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garmets of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,...Isaiah 61:10

If ever I loose track of who/what I was created to praise I think of Isaiah 61:10. This scripture came to me during a quiet time in 2011 (before July 24, that is). 2011 has been a year of transformation in our family and I hope that 2012 is too. Anytime, we find ourselves serving the King and being obedient to His calling, I assure you there will be transformation.

In late 2010 Chad and I took the plunge into foster parenting. After much debate and prayer we could no longer ignore that God wanted us to act on James 1:27. He says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." In January 2011 we began the 10 weeks (one day per week) of training. We were approved mid-June and received our first placement on July 24, the 35 year of my birth. (Hence, the notation that my quiet times were prior to July 24!) We still have those three beautiful children to whom we have grown to love, but hesitate to adore being uncertain about the future. We have never questioned God's will or doubted that He is in control of this adventure. Due to privacy policies I am unable to reveal much information about the kiddos or publish pictures, but I would ask you to pray for the children as what will happen in the days to come is unknown.

Aside from that major happening, 2011 brought other opportunities to be obedient to God's voice. Early in the spring Chad made his first public speaking appearance for Christ at a wild game supper for a church in our assocation and then spoke at our home church in May.  We were both asked by the nominating committee to take adult Sunday School classes. That has been a challenge for me, but I know God is tired of me keeping his lessons for me a secret. Chad will also be delievering the Sunday morning message on January 1, 2012. He has worked hard and I can't wait to see what God has to say through him. I know he will do an excellent job. He always does. In college, his frat brothers would say, "When Fatmeat (another blog) speaks, people listen!" I am confident God wants to use him to speak truth to people because I believe they will listen. Hmmm, I bet Chad wishes this were true for me and the kids! :)

Our daughter Katilyn (Kate), made the transition to middle school. She is a 6th grader. I really thought the awlful things that I had learned and heard about adolescents would not happen in my house...HA! She and I have had more than one conversation about the condition of her heart. One minute she is so great and the next minute she is biting someone's head off - including mine! This kid is something special though...she is gifted with mercy and gererosity. She can let stuff go like no one I have ever seen and would give you the shirt off her back...no kidding! A year ago she gave a kid the insert of her coat (she had one of those 3-stlye deals) so the girl could go outside for recess. She whispered to me recently, "Momma she is still wearing that jacket I gave her last year." I didn't even know anything about it. Nothing is ever too serious for her and she is always up for a good laugh (or to make someone else laugh) and she NEVER backs down from an argument - I mean NEVER! I give this child credit for bringing me back to The Cross. It's amazing the way God uses kids to teach us.

Our son Carson, is 6 and currently in first grade. He is our serious one. He is a no fluff, no nonsense kind of guy. He's sort of like is momma, I guess. I hope he will learn how to find joy in the small stuff someday. He loves playing outside and being with other kids his age (not too many at once, though). He and sister both love Grandmomma's house (Chad's parents are just down the street.) He tries very hard to achieve excellence at school. He loves drawing and coloring. I haven't quiet figured out his gift, but I do see a soft heart for the unfortunate at times. We are praying for his salvation.

That just about brings me to today. First, I do not consider myself a writer. I do like to journal, but until now have kept it private so haven't been concerned about spelling or grammer. I have really never thought of blogging, but then again I never thought of myself as a foster parent either. I really don't know what to tell you to expect from my blog. I pray that is is God-honoring and perhaps inspiring at times.

As I write, I am sitting at a beautiful B & B with my most amazing husband. I truly believe that he loves me like Christ loved the church. He is constantly thinking of my happiness first. He is the most unselfish man I know. We fight for our marriage. (Taking in the "triplets" has been an added struggle to our already imperftness.) One way we like to rejuvenate is to get away from our blessed lives in small town Kentucky for a few days to enjoy God's creations and each other. This has been a dream...I am pinching myself thinking about what he planned for us. In a couple of hours...a massage for both of us!

2 comments:

  1. What a very touching 1st Blog (didn't know you had it in you-lol NOT! OH YES I DID !) I have seen you grown spiritually so much this last year. It is very nice to have a friend that when you talk to them, you end up talking about things of the Lord! You definitely hold me accountable and I believe that is what true friends do! Continue to let the Lord lead! My prayers are with you and your family. With all my love, Jodi Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamra, it's great! I'm glad you started this. It will be fun next year to look back and see how God has worked throughout 2012. So glad God brought your family to our church--we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete